AnneMichelle Radcliffe has over 25 years of experience as a hair and make-up artist in television and film.
In this first 2 part series in the history of the HAA podcast, Anne Michelle gives a inside look at what it really takes to work behind the scenes in television and film.
Her impressive list of clients include celebrites such as Elle MacPherson, LeBron James, Julianne Moore, Matt Damon, Angelica Houston, Eddiie Vedder, Debra Messing , Katharine McPhee, Will Ferrell, Justin Timberlake and Tina Fey
AnneMichelle is also a highly respected wig specialist. She has nearly two decades of experience in wig design, construction and maintenance, often making her a “first call” consultant.
In this episode she describes the day in the life of a hair and make-up artist working in television and film. She divulges on attire, set etiquette, what to include in your kit and the income potential of a hair and make-up artists.
“Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty”
In this Episode we discuss:
- What’s it really like to work behind the scenes as a hair/make-up artist
- What’s a call time
- What to include in your set kit
- Working kit
- Attire on set
- Set equipment
- Turnaround time
- Proper etiquette when working with celebrities
- Salary of a hair and make-up artist working in tv or film
- Do you have to relocate to get a job in tv or film
- Areas where most movies are being filmed
- Kit rentals
- The psychological effect of hair
- Creating a lace wig from scratch
- The importance of cutting in a wig
- Creating the perfect fit for wigs
- How long it take to make one lace wig
Links and Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Did you enjoy this episode?
If you enjoyed this episode please let us know in the comments below. We want to hear from you. Do you have any advice for working behind the scenes on television and film? Tell us what’s working for you in the comments below.
Thank You for Listening! One Favor Please…
If this episode has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post.
Want More Hair Artist Academy Podcasts? Don’t Miss a Single Episode. Subscribe and rate us